Daytona 1 Beach Madness
Entry Fee is $150 includes entry in 2017 MBS Season
For More Info Click Video Below
Daytona 1 Beach Madness
The Daytona 1 BEACH MADNESS will bring back the Dash for Cash concept and add excitement for fans and late model racers at Myrtle Beach Speedway throughout the 2017 season. The format will result in a handful of drivers battling for a $ 5000 bonus in the 225 lap NASCAR Late Model portion of November's Myrtle Beach 400. The prize bonus will be awarded to the highest finisher of those eligible at the conclusion of the 225 lap race. These spots will serve as the ONLY track provisionals for the 2017 running of the Myrtle Beach 400 Late Model race. There will be three opportunities for drivers to earn an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH. Each of the three methods of madness are explained below.
The first method: DAYTONA 1 Beach Madness Tournament. This method will award finalist recipients with GOLD invitations.
• Drivers will be able to register for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament” from November 1st, 2016 until March 1st, 2017. On March 1st, 2017 registration will be cut off.
• On Saturday March 4th, 2017 there will be a LIVE drawing where Turns 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the brackets will be selected for Round 1, the Practice Round.
• In the Practice Round, drivers will face off head to head for five races. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 2, the Qualifying Round. All other drivers will be eliminated.
• The Qualifying Round will also consist of five races with new match ups. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 3, the Main Event Round. All other drivers will be eliminated.
• Just like the previous rounds, the Main Event Round will be five races with new match ups. After the fifth race, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will be awarded the GOLD invitations in the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH.
• SELECTION Committee – There will be a selection committee that will place drivers in certain brackets at the beginning of the season. The selection will be based on past results, strength of fields, etc. The brackets will be set on Saturday March 4th.
• POINTS - Drivers will be awarded points in each race by the following format:
o 1st = 17 / 2nd = 16 / 3rd = 15 / 4th = 14 / 5th = 13 / 6th = 12 / 7th = 11 / 8th = 10 / 9th = 9 / 10th = 8 / 11th = 7 / 12th = 6 / 13th = 5 / 14th = 4 / 15th = 3 / 16th on back = 2
o Bonus Points for Attempting a Race Date = 3
• TIE BREAKERS - If there is a tie after the completion of a round in a particular match up, the win and advancement will be given as follows: 1st: Highest Average Finish within the round // 2nd: Highest Average Start within the round // 3rd: Dropped Race Highest Finish // 4th: Dropped Race Highest Start
The second method: BattleBack Wild Card. This method will award 2 (two) recipients with SILVER invitations.
• To become eligible for the “BattleBack Wild Card,” these drivers must have first signed up for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament.”
• All drivers either eliminated or not a part of the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament” will then be eligible to compete in a 50 lap sprint race on the October TBA race date with the top two finishers awarded an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH.
• This invitation will only be awarded if the driver(s) have met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
The third method: Win and In. This method will award possibly 3 (three) recipients with SILVER invitations.
• The winner of the 2017 Myrtle Beach Speedway Track Championship in the Late Model Division will be awarded an invitation.
• The “IceBreaker" Late Model race winner from February 11th will be awarded an invitation. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
• The “Sun Fun” Late Model race winner from July 2nd will be awarded an invitation. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
• Must have a valid 2017 NASCAR Feature Division Driver’s License.
• Must enter the Beach Madness Tournament: $ 150. This will also serve as your 2017 MBS registration.
• Must run at least 5 Late Model races at MBS throughout the 2017 schedule.
Gold Invitation vs. Silver Invitation:
• Gold Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and a FREE set of tires for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend.
• Silver Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and 20 gallons worth of FREE fuel for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend.
• Fans will also have the chance to be a part of the action for a cash reward! Fans can pay $ 20 and turn in a bracket sometime between the March 4th selection and the start of the Tournament on March 18th. Similar to college basketball, fans will be asked to pencil in drivers for each round. Each round of the tournament, fans will get points for each bracket they get right. Point totals will increase for each round. As a tie breaker, they will be asked to give what position they think that winning driver will start and finish in the Myrtle Beach 400.
About Daytona 1
• Magellan International Lubrication and Chemical Technologies, LLC. is an industry leader and independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants. We formulate, blend, and package our product line to exacting specifications, scientifically designed for ultimate performance in racing as well as industrial applications.
We are committed to providing our customers with the very best products on the market, at a competitive price and with industry leading customer service. Unlike most competitive lubricants, Magellan’s product line has been designed and perfected in the field as well as the laboratory. By working closely with our friends and customers, we have tuned our product line to meet real world operating conditions rather than just simulated ones. The result is a product line that offers an unsurpassed level of service, protection, performance, and fluid life.
As the formulators for the High Performance products of the Daytona 1 family we are proud to say our performance standards have surpassed any and all in the industry giving racers more power, speed, dependability and long range endurance than ever before.
For more info visit: www.daytona1.net
Pre Entry List
1. 02 Justin Milliken
2. 51 Matt Cox
3. 30 Brian Vause
4. 63 Chris Throckmorton
5. 11 Lucas Williams
6. 10 Ed Williams
7. 96 Sam Scarpelli
8. 3 Jackie Ward
9. 46 Thad Moffitt
10. 61 Justin Hicks
11. 5 Tyler English
12. 18 David Roberts
13. 98 BJ Mackey
14. 83 Jeremy McDowell
15. 94 Jamie Weatherford
16. 27 Tommy Lemmons
17. 44 TJ Barron
18. 9 Luke Sorrow
19. 70 Stuart Ricks
20. 26 Ben Stanton
21. 20 Sam Yarbrough
22. 95 Chad McCumbee
23. 5 Bryant Barnhill
24. 60 RA Brown
25. 35 Terry Evans
26. 28 Ryan Glenski