Daytona 1 Beach Madness
For More Info Click Video Below
Daytona 1 Beach Madness
The Daytona 1 BEACH MADNESS will bring back the Dash for Cash concept and add excitement for fans and late model racers at Myrtle Beach Speedway throughout the 2017 season. The format will result in a handful of drivers battling for a $ 5000 bonus in the 225 lap NASCAR Late Model portion of November's Myrtle Beach 400. The prize bonus will be awarded to the highest finisher of those eligible at the conclusion of the 225 lap race. These spots will serve as the ONLY track provisionals for the 2017 running of the Myrtle Beach 400 Late Model race. There will be three opportunities for drivers to earn an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH. Each of the three methods of madness are explained below.
The first method: DAYTONA 1 Beach Madness Tournament. This method will award finalist recipients with GOLD invitations.
• Drivers will be able to register for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament” from November 1st, 2016 until March 1st, 2017. On March 1st, 2017 registration will be cut off.
• On Saturday March 4th, 2017 there will be a LIVE drawing where Turns 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the brackets will be selected for Round 1, the Practice Round.
• In the Practice Round, drivers will face off head to head for five races. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 2, the Qualifier Round. All other drivers will be eliminated.
• The Qualifier Round will also consist of five races with new match ups. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 3, the Feature Round. All other drivers will be eliminated.
• Just like the previous rounds, the Feature Round will be five races with new match ups. After the fifth race, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will be awarded the GOLD invitations in the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH.
• SELECTION Committee – There will be a selection committee that will place drivers in certain brackets at the beginning of the season. The selection will be based on past results, strength of fields, etc. The brackets will be set on Saturday March 4th.
• POINTS - Drivers will be awarded points in each race by the following format:
o 1st = 17 / 2nd = 16 / 3rd = 15 / 4th = 14 / 5th = 13 / 6th = 12 / 7th = 11 / 8th = 10 / 9th = 9 / 10th = 8 / 11th = 7 / 12th = 6 / 13th = 5 / 14th = 4 / 15th = 3 / 16th on back = 2
o Bonus Points for Attempting a Race Date = 3
• TIE BREAKERS - If there is a tie after the completion of a round in a particular match up, the win and advancement will be given as follows: 1st: Highest Average Finish within the round // 2nd: Highest Average Start within the round // 3rd: Dropped Race Highest Finish // 4th: Dropped Race Highest Start
The second method: BattleBack Wild Card. This method will award 2 (two) recipients with SILVER invitations.
• To become eligible for the “BattleBack Wild Card,” these drivers must have first signed up for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament.”
• All drivers either eliminated or not a part of the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament” will then be eligible to compete in a 50 lap sprint race on the October 21st race date with the top two finishers awarded an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH.
• This invitation will only be awarded if the driver(s) have met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
The third method: Win and In. This method will award possibly 3 (three) recipients with SILVER invitations.
• The winner of the 2017 Myrtle Beach Speedway Track Championship in the Late Model Division will be awarded an invitation.
• The “IceBreaker" Late Model race winner from February 11th will be awarded an invitation. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
• The “Sun Fun” Late Model race winner from July 2nd will be awarded an invitation. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2017 schedule by September 30th.
• Must have a valid 2017 NASCAR Feature Division Driver’s License.
• Must enter the Beach Madness Tournament: $ 150. This will also serve as your 2017 MBS registration.
• Must run at least 5 Late Model races at MBS throughout the 2017 schedule before September 30th.
Gold Invitation vs. Silver Invitation:
• Gold Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and a FREE set of tires for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend.
• Silver Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and 20 gallons worth of FREE fuel for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend.
• Fans will also have the chance to be a part of the action for a cash reward! Fans can to to challonge.com/d1bm and turn in a bracket sometime between the March 4th and opening ceremonies on March 18th. Similar to college basketball, fans will be asked to select drivers for each round. Each round of the tournament, fans will get points for each matchup they get right. Point totals will increase for each round. At the end of the bracket portion, fans with the top 20 scores (including ties) will remain as the only eligible fans for the $2500 prize in November. Those remaining eligible fans will be sent a FINAL LAP form after the BattleBack Wild Card race on October 21st where they will select which driver they predict to win Daytona1 Beach Madness in November's 225 lap Late Model portion of the Myrtle Beach 400. As a tie breaker, these fans will also have to predict where that driver will finish, start, and the order in which all eligible drivers will finish in the Late Model race. The tie breaker questions will be referred to in the order listed above
About Daytona 1
• Magellan International Lubrication and Chemical Technologies, LLC. is an industry leader and independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants. We formulate, blend, and package our product line to exacting specifications, scientifically designed for ultimate performance in racing as well as industrial applications.
We are committed to providing our customers with the very best products on the market, at a competitive price and with industry leading customer service. Unlike most competitive lubricants, Magellan’s product line has been designed and perfected in the field as well as the laboratory. By working closely with our friends and customers, we have tuned our product line to meet real world operating conditions rather than just simulated ones. The result is a product line that offers an unsurpassed level of service, protection, performance, and fluid life.
As the formulators for the High Performance products of the Daytona 1 family we are proud to say our performance standards have surpassed any and all in the industry giving racers more power, speed, dependability and long range endurance than ever before.
For more info visit: www.daytona1.net
Pre Entry List
List of Drivers:
Tommy Lemons Jr.