1970-2014 rear wheel drive cars with a minimum wheelbase of 104” Wheelbase.
1. Stock or aftermarket LMSC legal steel or composite bodies only. Camaro and Mustang per SELLM Series specs.
2. Stock steel bodies can take a 50 lb weight break bringing their total to 3050 lbs minimum overall weight.
3. All bodies must meet roof and spoiler height template specifications per LMSC rule.
4. All bodies must be approved by speedway.
5. All cars must be painted and lettered professionally.
6. Rocker panels may be fabricated but must maintain 4” ground clearance.
7. Front windshields must be full lexan. Back window optional. Clear lexan or plexiglass may be
installed in the rear quarter windows. No side windows.
8. Speedway approved window net must be installed in the driver’s side window opening.
9. Body height minimum 4 inches.
10. Rear spoiler 5” high with 60” width. Max spoiler height from ground – 39 inches.
11. Wrecker hookup required font and rear of car.
1. Stock OEM front sub frame with tubing frame connector allowed.
2. OEM stock clip must have factory OEM mounting points for weight break. Rear trailing arm mounts may be fabricated.
3. Fabricated clip and lowers allowed with a 50 lb. weight penalty. This weight can be anywhere on the car.
4. Frame rails minimum 2”x 3”.
5. Chassis rails must maintain 4” ground clearance with driver.
6. A Steel firewall must separate the driver from the engine compartment and fuel tank.
7. LMSC style perimeter frame permitted with added weight.
1. A complete speedway approved roll cage.
2. Roll cage must be constructed of roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter of one and half 1 ¾” inches x .090 wall thickness.
3. Roll cage must be centered on the frame. Perimeter style.
4. Main roll cage uprights must be on top of outside frame rails.
5. Full cage is required with four uprights and four top bars.
6. Roll bars may go through front and rear firewalls.
7. Minimum of four bars in driver’s and passenger’s door required.
8. All bars within drivers reach must be padded.
9. Drivers door bars must be plated with 1/8” steel LMSC style.
1. Adjustable cups allowed on front and rear.
2. Spring spacers or screw jacks may be used on front and rear.
3. OEM type steering box. Aftermarket tie rods, centerlink, idler, pitman arm, allowed. No rack and pinion.
4. OEM stock spindles required. No cutting or aftermarket allowed. Ball joint tapers may be drilled. If spindles are altered from stock the car will be added weight by tech man to be eligible to compete.
5. Lower A-frames must be OEM Design. Lower A-Frames must be same length. Aftermarket lowers can be used but must conform to OEM Design if the car is adding the weight for the fab clip.
6. Upper A-frames may be fabricated.
7. Front sway bar may be OEM or aftermarket. Mounting points may be aftermarket. Max sway bar diameter 1 1/4″. Minimum sway bar arm length 12 inches.
8. Leaf spring and/or coil spring suspension allowed.
9. Steel rear lower trailing arms required.
10. A fabricated metal top link and track bar allowed.
11. Damper shocks may be used.
12. Rubber bushing, metal bushing, Teflon bushings or heim joints allowed.
13. Lowering blocks and trailing arms may be adjustable.
14. Aftermarket or OEM 5×5 design hubs allowed. No wide 5 hubs.
15. Wide 5 Permitted with added weight
1. Rear end may be car, truck, or floater. No quick change. Any ratio.
2. Detroit Locker, or locked rear end only.
3. No Cambered Rear End Housings. +/- .4 Grace
4. Only a heavy duty quick change rear end with added weight. Minimum side bell diameter 12 inches.
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
1. Tie rod or spherical end shocks allowed. OEM aftermarket Struts allowed.
2. Aftermarket metal body shocks allowed. No at track rebuildable or revalveable shocks allowed. No canister shocks allowed. Coil springs minimum diameter 5”. No Schrader valves allowed.
3. No composite leaf springs. Coil over eliminator allowed. All cars must compete with type of springs from OEM.. If coil ,it must be coil. If leaf, it must be leaf.
4. Shocks may be claimed by any Charger driver finishing in race for $75.00 cash each, $300 for set. Shocks to be claimed must be in writing to officials with cash within 10 minutes after race.
5. Coil-overs permitted with added weight.
1. Single piston metal brake calipers required. All 4 wheels must work.
2. Steel disc brakes may be used on front and rear.
3. Aftermarket brake and clutch pedal allowed.
4. Dual master cylinder allowed. Any type Brake bias adjusters allowed but not in drivers reach.
WHEELBASE and TREADWIDTH
1. 104” minimum wheelbase.
2. Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 66” inches.
CRATE ENGINE chev#88958602, chev#88958603
1. This Crate engine can be used as all supplied parts from factory manufacturer including gaskets. With or without seal bolts on engine. These engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities determined by tech committee.
2. Crate engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with these engines will be fined up to $1000.00 for each offense and loss of points.
3. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Contact Tech Official if you need clarification to this rule.
4. Aftermarket valve covers are the only part that may be changed on the crate engine.
1. Only stock production engines allowed. Chevrolet 350 cubic inch maximum, Ford 351 cubic inch, Chrysler 360 cubic inch plus overbore.
2. No Chevrolet 400 cu.
3. No polishing or coating inside of block.
4. Overbore of .060 permitted.
5. Aftermarket stock length replacement rods allowed.
6.Only solid steel connecting rods permitted. No polishing or machine work will be permitted. Replacement rods may not be lighter than OEM stock rods.
7. Connecting rods must be stock length for make and model of engine used. For Example Chevrolet 350 – 5.7 Rods
8. Flat top or dish 3 ring pistons only. Piston must not extend above top of block.
9. Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. Minimum weight 50lbs.
10. Crankshaft must not be Knife-edged. No excessive machining or grinding other than balancing. No drilled rod or main journals. Subject to template inspection by Tech Official.
11. Wet sump oil system only.
12. Enlarged oil pan allowed. Kick outs will not be permitted between the bolt holes flange and
the top of the added sump. Oil pan 4” minimum ground clearance.
13. No electric fuel pumps allowed.
14. Aftermarket valve covers allowed.
15. Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
1. Stock OEM production steel heads only.
2. No Vortec heads on built engines.
3. NO modifications, no porting, polishing, or angle milling. No grinding of any kind. 3 angle valve job ok as per Speedway rule. One cut below valve seat, to bottom of valve guide. Do not radius or blend bottom of cut below valve seat.
4. Chevrolet 70cc minimum; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc minimum. OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required. Valve size maximum:
Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
1. Hydraulic or flat tappet cam and OEM diameter lifters with a maximum lift of Chev .480, Ford .512 Dodge .500 at valve with valve lash as ran in race. Lift will be measured at the retainer.
2. Any steel type timing chain allowed.
3. Screw in studs and guide plates permitted with any ratio roller rocker arms allowed.
4. Stud girdles are permitted. Poly lock allowed.
5. Hydraulic cams will be measured with solid lifter and 0 lash.
INTAKE and SPACER
1.Cast Iron two barrel intake or Edelbrock performer aluminum intakes. Chevrolet #2101 Ford Windsor #2181, Cleveland #2665, #2750 and Chrysler #2176 or P#4532852.
2. No high performance intake manifolds permitted. Intakes must be speedway approved.
3. No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. Do not touch it.
4. Holley #7448 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1 ½ 1.502) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No Bevels. Spacer Gaskets .065 max thickness.
5. Holley #4412 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1.690) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No bevels. Spacer gasket .065 max thickness.
6. All carburetors and spacer plates must meet speedway specifications.
Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #7448 “350” allowed on built motor or crates.
Holley #4412 2bbl carburetor “500” allowed on “602 or 603 GM crate engines only”. 603 crate see weight.
See below for rework guidelines:
1. No polishing, grinding or machine work allowed on any part of carburetor.
2. No alterations except choke hardware may be removed and all vacuum ports must be plugged.
Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
3. Boosters may not be altered in any manner including size, shape or height of model #.
4. Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
1. Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches.
2. Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
3. Dry type paper element only. No cold air boxes or cowl induction allowed.
4. No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted.
5. Air cleaner base must not be above choke horn.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
1. OEM standard production manual transmissions. Only 3 or 4 speed permitted. All gears must work, no straight cut or machined gears. No top loaders or special production transmissions.
2. Heavy duty OEM steel clutch permitted. No lightening.
3. Minimum clutch and flywheel assembly with bolts 33 pounds.
4. Hydraulic clutch control permitted.
5. The 7 1/4 clutch package can be run with a 50 lb weight penalty.
6. Must have steel bell housing that is speedway approved.
7. Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with two safety loops attached to the bottom of car.
8.Tex or Richmond aftermarket transmission with stock type gears permitted
1. Headers (4 into 1) will be permitted. No stepped headers. No 180 or crossover allowed. No stainless steel headers.
2. Cast iron manifolds permitted.
3. All LH exhaust must exit behind the driver.
4. Header wrap permitted.
1. Engines may be interchanged from one body manufacturer to another.
2. Engine must be centered in chassis. #1 spark plug in line with left upper ball joint.
3. Minimum crankshaft height is 12”, from the center of crank pulley to the ground.
1. Aluminum radiators permitted. Any radiator allowed.
2. Overflow hose recommended.
3. Antifreeze is not permitted.
4. Electric fan permitted.
1. Electronic or point type OEM ignition only.
2. No aftermarket distributors permitted.
3. Only 1 racing coil permitted. (Accell, MSD, etc).
4. Only one 12-volt battery permitted.
5. No MSD ignition box allowed. No adjustable timing controls.
6. No open ended wiring in driver’s compartment.
7. Any type traction devices are not allowed. No computerized systems are allowed.
8. All ignition systems must be acceptable to speedway officials.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
1. Charger cars must purchase five (5) gallons of track fuel from track fuel supply.
2. All Fuel must pass Speedway Fuel specifications. No oxidizers or additives, fuel must pass track chemical fuel test.
3. Fuel cells are recommended. Must be securely strapped down with no less than 1/8” steel
straps. Fuel cell must be vented high and to the left side.
4. The maximum capacity allowed is 22 gallons.
5. Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
WHEELS and TIRES
1. Maximum width 10”on all 4. 15” Steel wheels only. All 4 wheels must be same offset.
2. Air bleeders will not be permitted. No chemical tire treatment allowed.
3. Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway.
4. Any car tires from any source other than speedway tire building will be disqualified.
5. Only Myrtle Beach Speedway purchased Track Tire required.
1. 3050 lbs. minimum weight with driver for stock cars with stock steel bodies.
2. 3100 lbs minimum weight with driver for stock cars with aftermarket bodies (Five Star).
3. 55% left side maximum weight percentage.
4. No weight break for crate engine since Holley #4412, “500” carburetor will be used.
5. Fabricated clip and lowers must add 50 lbs. to total weight. (This weight can be anywhere on the car).
6. 3200 lbs. minimum weight with driver for LMSC style perimeter chassis. These cars race without; wide five (5), coil overs, or quick change rear-end to achieve a 3200 lb. minimum weight.
7. 603 with 350 #7448 carb – 55% left side max
8. 603 with 500 #4412 carb – 54 % left side max
9. 603 with either carb must have 50 lbs bolted to front clip. (This weight is not 50 lbs extra, just 50 lbs of overall car weight must be on front clip, 25 lbs on each side)
10. Weight of car must be on back of hood.
11. All cars will be weighed with driver in a driving position.
12. All lead weight must be added to chassis securely.
13. Cars may gas up after race.
14. No tungsten allowed.
15. Any addition to a perimeter chassis race car (example) wide fives (5), coil overs, or quick change rear ends, will add fifty (50) lbs. of weight for a total of 3250 lbs. Fifty (50) lbs. will be added for any one of the additions or all for a total addition of the fifty (50) lbs. to total 3250 lbs race weight.
16. A full blown late model with a 7 1/4″ clutch, wide fives, coil overs, and quick change rear end must weigh a minimum of 3300 lbs. That is the most a car has to weigh, doing away with small clutch package can reduce this by 50 lbs while doing away with all wide fives, coil overs, and quick change rear end can also reduce another 50 lbs bringing the total to 3200 lbs which is the minimum weight a late model perimeter chassis can be.
1. These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been given by the speedway.
2. Any car that does not conform to the above rules may be allowed to compete with a weight and/or restrictor plate at the tech committee’s discretion.
3. Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any infractions for a competitive race program. Aftermarket rear ends and spindles are subject to up to 100lbs penalty at the discretion of the head official. Rule may be in place for drivers to gain experience.
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, PLEASE
CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS.[/faqcontent]