DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS
ALL PREDICTIONS MUST BE IN BY SATURDAY MARCH 17TH AT 10 AM.
The Daytona 1 BEACH MADNESS will bring back the Dash for Cash concept and add excitement for fans and late model racers at Myrtle Beach Speedway throughout the 2018 season. The format will result in a handful of drivers battling for a $5,000 bonus in the 225 lap NASCAR Late Model portion of November's Myrtle Beach 400. The prize bonus will be awarded to the highest finisher of those eligible at the conclusion of the 225 lap race. These spots will serve as track provisionals for the 2018 running of the Myrtle Beach 400 Late Model race. There will be three opportunities for drivers to earn an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH. Each of the three methods of madness is explained below.
The first method: DAYTONA 1 Beach Madness Tournament. This method will award finalist recipients with GOLD invitations.
- - Drivers will be able to register for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament” from December 1st, 2017 until March 1st, 2018. On March 1st, 2018 registration will be cut off.
- - On Saturday March 3rd, 2018 there will be a LIVE drawing where Turns 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the brackets will be selected for Round 1, the Practice Round.
- - In the Practice Round, drivers will face off head to head for five races. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 2, the Qualifying Round. All other drivers will be eliminated from the tournament.
- - The Qualifying Round will also consist of five races with match ups between winners in the Practice Round. After five races, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will advance to Round 3, the Feature Round. All other drivers will be eliminated from the tournament.
- - Just like the previous rounds, the Feature Round will be five races with new match ups between the winners of the Qualifying Round. After the fifth race, the best four out of five races for each driver will be turned in and the drivers accumulating the highest point totals in their match ups will be awarded the GOLD invitations in the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH. The other four drivers will be eliminated.
- - RANDOM DRAW – There will be a random draw that will place drivers in certain brackets at the beginning of the season. Drivers will be seeded prior to the draw by a blue ribbon committee. The brackets will be set on Saturday March 3rd.
- - POINTS - Drivers will be awarded points in each race by the following format:
- 1st = 20 / 2nd = 17 / 3rd = 16 / 4th = 15 / 5th = 14 / 6th = 13 / 7th = 12 / 8th = 11 / 9th = 10 / 10th = 9 / 11th = 8 / 12th = 7 / 13th = 6 / 14th = 5 / 15th = 4 / 16th on back = 3
- - TIE BREAKERS - If there is a tie after the completion of a round in a particular match up, the win and advancement will be given as follows: 1st: Highest Average Finish within the round // 2nd: Highest Average Start within the round // 3rd: Dropped Race Highest Finish // 4th: Dropped Race Highest Start
The second method: BattleBack Wild Card. This method will award 2 (two) recipients with SILVER invitations.
- - To become eligible for the “BattleBack Wild Card,” these drivers must have first signed up for the “Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament.”
- - All eliminated drivers from the Daytona 1 Beach Madness Tournament will be eligible to compete in a 50 lap sprint race on the October 20th race date with the top two point totals awarded an invitation to the DAYTONA 1 BEACH MADNESS DASH FOR CASH. In the case of a tiebreaker, the nod goes to highest finish in the BattleBack Wild Card race.
- - NEW FOR 2018: Drivers will receive BattleBack points for races they run at MBS in 2018. These points will accumulate on the season and ONLY add to the points awarded in the October 20th BattleBack Wild Card race. These BattleBack points will not be used in head to head matchups during the tournament. Bonus points will be given out for starting races as follows:
- IceBreaker - 10 pts
- Round One of Beach Madness (March 17- May 5, does not include CARS Tour) - 2 points each race
- Round Two of Beach Madness (May 19 - June 30) - 5 points each race
- Round Three of Beach Madness (July 14 - September 8) - 10 points each race
- Night of Champions - 10 points each race
- - BattleBack Wild Card Point Distribution: 1st: 50 pts / -2 by every decreasing position til 25th / 25th on back: 2 pts
- - This invitation will only be awarded if the driver(s) have met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2018 schedule by September 30th.
The third method: Win and In. This method will award possibly 3 (three) recipients with SILVER invitations.
- - The winner of the 2018 Myrtle Beach Speedway Track Championship in the Late Model Division will be awarded an invitation if they have not already received a GOLD invitation.
- - The “IceBreaker" Late Model race winner from February 10th will be awarded an invitation if they don’t receive a GOLD invite. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2018 schedule by September 30th.
- - The “Sun Fun” Late Model race winner from July 14th will be awarded an invitation if they don’t receive a GOLD invite. This invitation will only be awarded if the driver has met the eligibility requirements and competed in at least 5 races of the 2018 schedule by September 30th.
- - Must have a valid 2018 NASCAR Feature Division Driver’s License.
- - Must enter the Beach Madness Tournament: $ 100. This will also serve as your 2018 MBS registration.
- - Must run at least 5 Late Model races at MBS throughout the 2018 schedule.
Gold Invitation vs. Silver Invitation:
- - Gold Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and a FREE set of tires for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend.
- - Silver Invitation holders will be awarded with a FREE driver pit pass and 20 gallons worth of FREE fuel for the Myrtle Beach 400 weekend
- - Fans will also have the chance to be a part of the action for a $ 2500 reward! Fans can turn in a bracket sometime between the March 3rd selection and the start of the Tournament on March 17th. Similar to college basketball, fans will be asked to pencil in drivers for each round. Fans that possess the top 20 point totals including ties after the September 8th final elimination will remain eligible for the $2500 cash prize in November. These fans will be sent a FINAL LAP form after the BattleBack Wild Card race on October 20th. On the form fans will be asked to pick which driver they feel will win the Daytona1 Beach Madness Championship in the 225 lap Late Model Stock Car portion of the Myrtle Beach 400. As a tie breaker, fans will also be requested to give the finishing position of that driver, starting position of that driver, and the correct finishing order of all eligible drivers in Daytona 1 Beach Madness for the MB 400 Late Model event. This tie breaker criterion will be referred to in the order as stated above.
- To submit your fan prediction please visit www.challonge.com/d1bm2018
About Daytona 1
- - Magellan International Lubrication and Chemical Technologies, LLC. is an industry leader and independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants. We formulate, blend, and package our product line to exacting specifications, scientifically designed for ultimate performance in racing as well as industrial applications.
We are committed to providing our customers with the very best products on the market, at a competitive price and with industry leading customer service. Unlike most competitive lubricants, Magellan’s product line has been designed and perfected in the field as well as the laboratory. By working closely with our friends and customers, we have tuned our product line to meet real world operating conditions rather than just simulated ones. The result is a product line that offers an unsurpassed level of service, protection, performance, and fluid life.
As the formulators for the High Performance products of the Daytona 1 family we are proud to say our performance standards have surpassed any and all in the industry giving racers more power, speed, dependability and long range endurance than ever before.
For more info visit: www.daytona1.net